Rodan Vinyl Soundtrack
Rodan Vinyl Soundtrack
- this item is currently not available
Rodan Vinyl Soundtrack contains the original score composed by Akira Ifukube, pressed on eco-wax vinyl and housed in a gatefold jacket.
Behold the might of Rodan, the giant monster from the sky!
In 1956, Toho unleashed their first colour kaiju picture: RODAN, directed by Ishiro Honda and produced by Tomoyuki Tanaka, is a terrifying tale from the creators of the original Godzilla that sees a giant Pteranodon rise from a deep underground cave after being disturbed by miners.
Like the Big G, Rodan has mutated to excessive size after being exposed to nuclear radiation, subsequently soaring free above Kyushu to cause as much mayhem as possible as the JSDF do their best to protect the island from his bloodthirsty rampaging.
It was inevitable that the man behind the music of Godzilla would also take on scoring RODAN, and the great Akira Ifukube created a score with a solemn edge as with Godzilla, which makes the music of RODAN fit in the larger universe while allowing it to feel unique to the character.
For the main theme, Ifukube introduces a malevolent low piano and brass phrase before cointerpointing it with horns to create a howling menace worthy of Rodan. In contrast, beautiful but melancholy material represents the carnage the monster has brought upon the Earth; in a more upbeat mode, the composer includes another of his jaunty and jazzy marches for the JDSF in the guise of "Get Rodan". It's another Toho triumph from the great maestro Ifukube!
1. Main Title
2. The First Victim
3. Tragedy in the Tunnel
4. Meganulon Appears
5. The Terror of Meganulon
6. The Meganulon Pursuit
10. Tracking Supersonic Speed
11. The Shadow Across the Sky
12.The Birth of Rodan
13. The Huge Underground Cavern
14. Rodan Emerges
15. Get Rodan
16. Rodan Flies to Sasebo
17. Rodan and the Saikai Bridge
18. Rodan Attacks Fukuoka I
19. Shockwave Fury
20. Rodan Attacks Fukuoka II
21. The Self-Defense Force Heads to Aso
22. The Great Nature of Aso
Shipping Delays & Returns
- Most Pre-Orders will be delayed by 1-2 months. If your pre-order is delayed, you will be notified via email by the end of the month.
- Orders containing multiple products may be shipped out in separate packages.
- Orders shipping outside of the U.S. may be subject to additional fees such as import / customs fees. These fees are applied per package, and are not included in the cost of the order. The customer is responsible for any import / customs fees incurred.
- Returns are accepted for most items within 45 days from the delivery date.
- Digital goods, open DVDs and Blu-rays, smart art prints, mystery bundles, and final sale items are excluded from the return policy.
- For more details on our Shipping and Return policy check our FAQ.
We are offering discounted shipping rates for a limited time!
|Shipping Method||Shipping Cost Per Order|
|U.S. Standard: Orders under $50||$5.00|
|U.S. Standard: Orders over $50||FREE|
|U.S. Standard: Mega Fan Orders over $20||FREE|
|U.S. Standard: Premium Plus + Ultimate Fan Account||FREE|
|Rest of the world||
U.S. Standard rates includes Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii