The Just Bento Cookbook 2
The Just Bento Cookbook 2
- in stock - maximum 3 units per customer
The Just Bento Cookbook 2: Make-Ahead, Easy, Healthy Lunches To Go was written by Makiko Itoh.
The author of the best-selling Just Bento Cookbook is back with hundreds of delicious new Japanese-lunchbox-style recipes — including many low-carb, vegetarian, and vegan options—that can be made quickly and without a lot of fuss.
THE JUST BENTO COOKBOOK 2: Make-Ahead Lunches and More opens with Itoh’s basic bento rules, revised to reflect comments she’s heard from her many fans after the first book came out. “Build Up Your Stash” explains why having some items ready to pack up and go is the key to stress-free bento-making. Here are tips on making foods that store well, organizing storage space, the best containers to use for different foods, what store-bought items to have on hand, etc.
The first section, “Make-Ahead Bentos,” features recipes for a wide variety of dishes that can be prepared the night before or first thing in the morning. Here are different kinds of meatballs and burgers, including both Western versions and Japanese variations; mouth-watering chicken, pork, beef, egg and fish dishes; a section on “Tofu and Vegan” treats such as Ginger Tofu Teriyaki and Green Lentils and Brown Rice; and recipes for Rice Sandwiches such as Egg-wrapped Rice Sandwich with Bacon Rice Filling. A special section of Low Carb recipes based on shirataki noodles and konnyaku (konjac) offers fun and creative ways to use this no-cal, no-carb, no-sugar, gluten-free “miracle” noodle in dishes like Rice and Shirataki Pilaf with Shrimp, Shirataki Chicken “Ramen” in a Lunch Jar, and Shirataki with Sesame.
“Express Bentos” presents very quick-to-assemble boxes comprised of foods that don’t require detailed recipes and don’t rely on pre-homemade items. From Mediterranean Pasta and Yakisoba bentos to a Deconstructed Taco Salad and Stir-fry Bento, the ideas here will prove to be lifesavers for busy people who need to get out of the house in a hurry but still want their flavorful, filling, and healthy lunch.
Other new and exciting additions to this second volume include an entire section of recipes for Vegetable Side Dishes (Roast Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar, Spicy Broccoli, and Potato and Corn Salad), and one for Japanese Vegetable Side Dishes (Buttery Kabocha Squash, Crunchy Stir-fried Soy Beans, Hijiki Seaweed with Garlic). Recipes for different versions of dashi will help readers keep a supply of this staple ingredient at the ready. And advice on tools and equipment, types of bento boxes and accessories, as well as a glossary and resource section, will ensure that preparing bentos is as enjoyable as eating them.
Shipping Delays & Returns
- Most Pre-Orders will be delayed by 1-2 months. If your pre-order is delayed, you will be notified via email by the end of the month.
- Orders containing multiple products may be shipped out in separate packages.
- Orders shipping outside of the U.S. may be subject to additional fees such as import / customs fees. These fees are applied per package, and are not included in the cost of the order. The customer is responsible for any import / customs fees incurred.
- Returns are accepted for most items within 45 days from the delivery date.
- Digital goods, open DVDs and Blu-rays, smart art prints, mystery bundles, and final sale items are excluded from the return policy.
- For more details on our Shipping and Return policy check our FAQ.
We are offering discounted shipping rates for a limited time!
|Shipping Method||Shipping Cost Per Order|
|U.S. Standard: Orders under $50||$5.00|
|U.S. Standard: Orders over $50||FREE|
|U.S. Standard: Mega Fan Orders over $20||FREE|
|U.S. Standard: Premium Plus + Ultimate Fan Account||FREE|
|Rest of the world||
U.S. Standard rates includes Guam, Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii